The Belgian Waffle Ride (BWR) series of classic one-day North American gravel races has announced their 2023 calendar of events, including seven gritty and iconic gravel monuments plus an overall Quadrupel Crown of Gravel championship.
The Quadrupel Crown includes races that cover the North American continent from east to west and north to south. Venues include Arizona, California, British Columbia, North Carolina, Utah, Kansas, and Mexico. The Quadrupel Crown will use a points-based omnium scoring system across all seven BWR races. Riders competing for the Quadrupel Crown prize purse, with a to-be-announced monetary value for only the top 5 male and female riders, will be ranked based on the total points of their best four races. Age group competitors will race for personal pride, glory and honors – but no cash. In addition, all Quadrupel Crown competitors are required to compete in the original BWR California race on 16 April 2023.
Entry fees start at $200 per race, or a minimum of $800 to compete for a BWR Quadrupel Crown title.
The dates and locations of 2023 BWR events are:
- BWR Arizona 12 March 2023 – Scottsdale AZ USA
- BWR California 16 April 2023 – San Marcos CA USA
- BWR British Columbia 28 May 2023 – Vancouver Island CAN
- BWR North Carolina 10 June 2023 – Asheville NC USA
- BWR Utah 26 August 2023 – Cedar City UT USA
- BWR Kansas 15 October 2023 – Lawrence KS USA
- BWR Mexico 26 November 2023 – in Queretaro MEX
BWR events, rules and registration information available HERE.